Possible acquisitions, how IBM is investing in innovation, and customer spending habits in an economy potentially headed for a recession are some of the likely subjects to come up during IBM’s fourth fiscal quarter earnings report Tuesday.
The quarter covers the three months ended Dec. 31.
Armonk, N.Y.- based IBM is reporting its earnings during a period of mass layoffs across the tech sector.
[RELATED: IBM Introduces Partner Plus Program, Replacing PartnerWorld]
IBM Q4 Earnings Need To Know
Microsoft, Sophos, 8×8, Citrix and Salesforce are among the vendors to announce cuts in recent days, placing the blame on slowing spending by customers watching inflation and interest rates rise plus hiring too many people to keep up with customer demand for remote work and digital transformation amid the pandemic.
Likely on analysts’ minds during IBM’s earnings call is how a slowing economy will affect the tech giant.
In this earnings preview, CRN also looks at:
* Are Partner Investments Paying Off?
* IBM’s Innovation Investments
* Acquisition Updates
* Two Analysts Raised Expectations For IBM
* Lowered Expectations From Morgan Stanley
Here’s what you need to know.
LEARN MORE: Cloud Channel Programs | Cloud Infrastructure | Cloud Platforms | Cloud Security | Cloud Software | Cloud VARs | Cybersecurity | Managed Security
Wade Tyler Millward is an associate editor covering cloud computing and the channel partner programs of Microsoft, IBM, Red Hat, Oracle, Salesforce, Citrix and other cloud vendors. He can be reached at [email protected].
Microsoft Earnings Call: New-Business ‘Slowdown,’ Big AI BetsMicrosoft Partner Guardian Computer Invests In Security, Cloud OfferingsGoogle Parent Alphabet Layoffs Hit Cloud, Partnerships, UX, Engineers, RecruitersElliott Management Takes Stake In Salesforce, ‘Walls Are Closing On’ Marc BenioffSnowflake Acquisition Expands Legacy Data Conversion Offerings TO TOPADVERTISEMENT
- 40,000 Tech Layoffs: Amazon Vs. Google Vs. Microsoft | CRN
- Public Cloud Sales Hit $544 Billion Despite Economic Woes | CRN
- Collaboration Consolidation: Mitel To Scoop Up Atos’ Unify To Bring Its UC Business Global | CRN
- ‘Brutal’ Citrix, Tibco Layoffs Hit Thousands Of Employees: Sources | CRN
- 10 Hot Cybersecurity Companies You Should Watch In 2023 | CRN